“Salted Caramel” Chocolate & Date Bark Recipe
Sometimes, nothing else will do but a sugar-hit and this twist on the popular Chocolate & Date Bark is so delicious it will soon become your favourite go-to treat!
We’ve used a mix of tahini, coconut oil and maple syrup to give the bark a salted caramel flavour, along with a handful of pecans for a decadent nutty crunch.
The combination of dates, pecans, tahini and dark chocolate is high in fibre, antioxidants and minerals; so as well as htting that sweet craving, you’re giving a little bit of goodness to your body!
Just make sure you divide the date bark into portions as soon as it’s ready, or you’re bound to want to eat the whole thing; although it’s so rich, just a little bite is enough to satisfy!
We recommend using at least 70% cocoa dark chocolate for the best nutritional value and to help balance the sweetness of the dates.
Date Bark Ingredients:
– 200g medjool dates, pitted
– 100g dark chocolate, melted
– 30g tahini
– 15g coconut oil, melted
– 1tsp maple syrup
– 25g broken pecans
– sea salt
To make the Date Bark:
– Line a tray with baking paper and arrange the dates into a rough rectangle with the edges overlapping;
– Mix together the tahini, coconut oil and maple syrup and drizzle over the dates;
– Sprinkle the pecans over the top;
– Cover with the melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt;
– Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then devour!
– Keep any leftovers refridgerated.
Date Bark Nutrition info:
Per serving: 164kcal, 9g fat, 18g carbs, 2g protein.
If you love this recipe why not try some of our other healthy dessert recipes like our Vegan Chocolate Truffles or our Frozen Berry & Banana Slushy.