Chicken Tray Bake Recipe with Leeks & Mushrooms
You can’t beat a tray bake for a no-fuss, flavoursome dinner and this Chicken Tray Bake with Leek & Mushrooms is simple to prepare and makes a perfect mid-week meal that will give you leftovers for lunch the next day. Each serving is high in protein and provides a portion of veg towards your 5-a-day.
If you’re short of time, you can miss the initial chicken-browning and veg-frying and just tip everything straight into the baking tray; you may just have slightly less crispy skin at the end.
Chicken Tray Bake Ingredients:
750g chicken thighs – skin on
2 large leeks, sliced into 2cm rounds
2 medium onions sliced
200g mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic clove, crushed
1 chicken stock cube/pot in 100ml water
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper
Chicken Tray Bake Method:
– Preheat the oven to 190C fan.
– In a large bowl mix the chicken thighs with the oil, half the paprika, salt and pepper so they’re evenly coated;
– Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and brown the chicken thighs, skin down, for 2-3 minutes. Flip over and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side;
– Transfer the chicken to a plate and gently fry the veg and garlic in the pan for a few minutes until just softened;
– Make up the chicken stock and stir in the remaning paprika, celery salt and some more pepper;
– Pour the vegetable mix into a baking tray, top with the chicken and then cover with the chicken stock;
– Bake for 45 minutes, mixing half-way to ensure the top veg don’t burn;
– Serve the chicken tray bake with rice and greens.
Chicken Tray Bake Servings:
Per serving: 348kcal; 27g fat, 7g carbs, 23g protein.
Leave A Comment