If you’ve eaten all the mince pies, Christmas pudding & cheese that your body can take; it’s time for a little greenery! Our healthy Tabbouleh recipe is the perfect antidote to Christmas excess; it’s fresh and tasty, packed with nutrients, and makes a perfect side dish to leftover turkey.
– 2 large bunches fresh parsley, stalks removed (approx 80g)
– handful fresh mint leaves
– 400g vine ripened tomatoes
– 50g spring onions
– 50g fine bulgar wheat
– 80ml extra virgin olive oil
– juice of 1 lemon
– salt & pepper
– Beat together the oil and lemon juice then pour over the bulgar wheat and leave to soak for 30 mins;
– VERY finely chop the parsley, mint and spring onions and transfer to a large bowl;
– Finely chop the tomatoes into a colander so the excess juices can drain, then add to the herbs;
– Mix in the bulgar wheat and add a good shake of salt and pepper;
– Refrigerate for a little while to let the flavours mingle before serving. Will keep up to two days in the fridge.
Serves 6. Per serving: 162kcal; 10g carbs; fat 13g; protein 2g.
Yas has an unrivalled passion for health and fitness and is dedicated to helping promote a healthy body image and greater self-confidence amongst clients. With years of training experience behind her, Yas has worked with clients from beginner to national sports-level, producing results in body composition and strength which speak for themselves. Having trained countless women, including herself, through pregnancy she is a strong advocate for pre and postnatal exercise and is passionate about encouraging women to discover the many benefits of strength training through pregnancy.